House-to-House Solid Waste Pick-up Service
Garland County Department of Environmental Services (GCDES) picks up general household trash once a week from the residences in Garland County, outside the city limits of Hot Springs, Mountain Pine, and Hot Springs Village. To register for new service, please fill out a registration form (PDF).
GCDES provides the 95-gallon trash cart. All trash must be bagged or boxed and must fit into the cart. Any trash outside the cart will not be picked up. You can request to have more than one cart. The additional charges must be authorized in writing. GCDES will repair or replace the trash cart as needed if you notify our office. Charges may apply if the cart is damaged due to customer negligence.
- Automatic Bank Draft Form (PDF): Complete and submit this form if you would like us to set up an automatic payment from your bank account. Frequency options are monthly, quarterly, and annually. We go direct thru checking and savings accounts. We are not able to set up recurring payments on debit/credit cards.
- Cancellation Form (PDF): Submit this form when you need to close an account and end charges on a residence.
- Contract Sale Form (PDF): This is to be submitted anytime we bill the person purchasing the home under contract from legal owner of the property. This includes, but is not limited to, Lease-to-Own and Owner Finance situations.
- Landlord Agreement (PDF): If you own one or more residences and they are occupied by someone other than yourself, you are considered a Landlord. This Form provides some information regarding your responsibilities. It also collects your contact information so that we can reach you in the event we have questions about your properties.
- Landlord Notification Form (PDF): The Landlord and Tenant must complete this form and submit to our office in order for us to bill someone who does not own the home, regardless of relationship to owner or financial arrangements between Landlord and Tenant.
- Owner Services Form (PDF): Submit this form if you own the home and want to be billed for the services, regardless of the actual occupant of the home.
- Ordinance 0-02-48 (PDF): All livable residences, whether continually or intermittently occupied, are required to subscribe to the service.
- Ordinance O-05-8 (PDF): Landlords are given the option to pay for the solid waste service or to transfer responsibility of payment to the occupant of the home.
- Ordinance O-15-70 (PDF): Delinquent solid waste fees must be paid prior to Personal and Real Estate Taxes.
- Rules and Regulations (PDF): Full list of all rules for residential solid waste collection by GCDES as amended 2014.