Duties of the Quorum Court Public Health, Welfare and Safety Committee:
- Have jurisdiction in animal control, public health and social services, and emergency services.
- Have jurisdiction in rural development services including planning and zoning and 911.
- Serve the County Judge in an advisory capacity regarding health, welfare and safety needs.
- Work with the county sheriff in determining law enforcement needs.
- Work with rural fire associations to review state legislation affecting rural fire protection.