Esther M. Dixon, Justice of the Peace
I am humbled and grateful to be elected District 3 Justice of the Peace. I put forth my greatest effort to represent and serve the community of Garland County.
I am a life-long resident of Hot Springs, a Hot Springs High School graduate, and have over 20 years of experience in public service to the community of Garland County. My husband, Terance Sr., and I are the proud parents of a son Terance, Jr. My previous employment includes working for State Farm (23 years) and, most recently, AmeriCorps/United Way. I am a Certified Notary Public.
My goals include safeguarding and improving Garland County’s Public Health by championing causes that provide a better quality of health, safety, continued education, as well as community involvement and inclusion.
- Diamonds in The Rough Women’s Transitional Ministries - Founder
- Difference Makers of Hot Springs - Executive Director
- 2018 Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce Non-Profit of The Year Nominee
- 2017 Arkansas Education Association Organizational Award - Human & Civil Rights Achievements
- Ouachita Behavioral Health & Wellness - Board Member
- Hot Springs Women’s Chamber of Commerce - Member
- NAACP – Member
- UAMS Translational Research - Community Partner
- Central Arkansas Re-Entry “CARE” Coalition - Member
- Suicide Prevention Allies - Member
- Veterans Community Partnership - Member
- Ouachita Area Youth Council - Member
Quorum Court Committee Assignments
- Public Works & Buildings / Environmental Committee - 5:30 p.m. 3rd Monday
- Public Health, Welfare & Safety Committee - 5:30 p.m. 4th Monday
- Human Resources Committee - 5:30 p.m. 4th Monday
About District 3
District 3 is almost entirely within the City of Hot Springs. It stretches west from Central Avenue by Oaklawn Race Track to the shore of beautiful Lake Hamilton, between Airport Road (U.S.70) and West Mountain of Hot Springs National Park. You will find everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors along Albert Pike and Airport Road, including fishing, hunting, hiking, kayaking, water crafts, and RV’s.