- I'm Looking For...
- Things to Do
- Outdoor Recreation
- Cedar Glades Park - Cedar Glades Park is home to 15 miles of premium mountain bike and hiking trails recently voted best trails in the state by the Arkansas Mountain Bike Racing Series. There is also, a Disc Golf Course, R/C Flying Field with an ADA accessible covered control deck. There are two meeting pavilions with ADA accessible tables, playground, group campgrounds, restroom facilities, drinking fountain, scenic overlooks, observation decks, and much more.
- Electric Island - Electric Island is home to white-tailed deer, raccoons, armadillos and gray squirrels. Various woodpeckers, wrens, nuthatches and vireos live on the island year-round. Depending on the season, watch for bald eagles, loons, osprey, warblers and waterfowl.
- Lake Catherine State Park - This peaceful park is located on Lake Catherine, one of five lakes in the beautiful Ouachita Mountain region. The only full-service marina on the lake is here at the park and open in the summertime for bait, snacks/drinks, and fuel. Boat rentals are available year-round. The park also includes a launch ramp, pavilion, picnic sites, playgrounds, and a well-marked trail that leads to a waterfall.
- Lake Hamilton - Lake Hamilton was created in 1932 when the Arkansas Power and Light Co. completed Carpenter Dam on the Ouachita River to generate electricity. Today, the 7,460-acre impoundment is one of Arkansas's most popular recreational and residential lakes. Hill Wheatley Park, located on the shore, has a popular swim area with a man-made sandy beach, picnic facilities and restrooms. Water-skiing, pleasure boating and fishing are popular Hot Springs attractions on Lake Hamilton and rentals of watercraft and sport accessories are readily available.
- Lake Ouachita State Park - Arkansas’s largest lake, Lake Ouachita offers 40,000 acres of clear, clean water surrounded by the scenic Ouachita National Forest. Swimming, skiing, scuba diving, boating, kayaking, and fishing are enjoyed here. Bream, crappie, catfish, striped bass, and large-mouth bass can be caught in open waters or quiet coves. Choose from a wide variety of day-use areas and overnight accommodations.